What I Bring to Our Sessions
I am a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC #1327). I obtained a Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute and also hold B.A. and B.Ed. degrees from the University of Western Ontario.
A specialization in Depth Psychology exists which explores the unconscious by integrating the use of dreams, images, body and inward exploration while looking at current symptoms and everyday events. Depth psychology allows a better understanding of how underlying values and beliefs influence decisions and choices.
- Anxiety: Practical Intervention Strategies (CTRI)
- The Psychology of Financial Wellbeing (Jose Haime Guerrero)
- Death as the Capstone of Individuation (Seth Rubin; Jung Institute of San Francisco)
- Meaning Centred Therapy (Dr. Paul T. P. Wong, INPM)
- The Biology of Loss (Gabor Maté)
- Traumatic Grief (Theresa Rando); Spiritual Care & Grief (Kenneth Doka)
- Understanding Your Grief and The Art of Companioning the Mourner (Dr. Alan Wolfelt)
- Untold Stories, Unlived Lives (James Hollis)
- Trauma, Addiction & Healing (Gabor Maté)
- Practical Tools for the Traumatized Client (CAST Canada)
- Mind, Brain and Body: Trauma, Neurobiology & the Healing Relationship (Allan Schore, Donald Kalsched, James Hopper, Marion Woodman)
- Voice Therapy & the Inner Critic (Glendon Association)
- Mindfulness & Stress Management (Dr. Kate Partridge)
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Facilitator (Council on Drug & Alcohol Abuse)
- ASIST Suicide Intervention
- Eating Disorders and Trauma
- Resiliency and Posttraumatic Growth
- Art, Play, Drama, Music and Bibliotherapy with Traumatized Children
- Zero to Three – Trauma Intervention for Infants
Extensive knowledge and experience exists in the effects of trauma on the brain and on one’s sense of Self, and in best practices used to treat clients who have experienced trauma. I have a strong understanding of the connection among emotions, disease and mental health. To read the abstract of my thesis entitled The Middle Ground of Trauma: Where Neuroscience Meets Depth Psychology, click here.
Call (250-586-7380) or email to arrange a complimentary 15-minute phone or in-person consultation.
I have worked with clients dealing with these concerns:
- Life transitions (e.g., adolescence, mid-life, divorce)
- Childhood/adult sexual assault and domestic violence
- Being an adult child of an alcoholic or dysfunctional parent/family
- Living with an addictive partner
- Addictive behaviour
- Loss of meaning in life
- Grief, death, losses
- Relationship difficulties
- Death of a loved one or pet
- Eating disorders
- Chronic pain
Work Experience includes
- Counsellor & Community Educator (Oceanside Hospice Society) (current)
- EFAP Counsellor (Homewood Health, Optum) (current)
- Adult Disordered Eating counsellor (AFSSC)
- Integrated Health Network – Oceanside (Island Health)
- Sexual Assault Centre London (Counsellor)
- Canadian Mental Health Association (Crisis Outreach Worker)
- Changing Ways (Men-Who-Abuse Partners, Group Facilitator)
- London & District Distress Centre (Crisis Line Worker)
- Supervised clinical assessment and treatment (Psychometrist & Psychotherapist)
- CAST Canada, Associate (current)
A complimentary 15-minute phone or in-person consultation is available. Call (250-586-7380) or email to arrange a convenient time for you.
Sessions are 50 minutes in length (taxes incl). Cash, cheques & e-transfers are accepted. Appointments are available Monday – Thursday, 9-5 pm; Fridays until noon (as needed). Other times can be arranged. Feel free to discuss fees with me.
I am an EAP provider for Homewood Health and Optum. You may be eligible for short-term subsidized counselling via SOS District 69, for which I am a counsellor.
Rates as of March 1, 2017
If total household income is:
0 – $50,000 = $85/session
$50 – 70,000 = $90/session
$70 – 90,000 = $95/session
$90 – 110,000 = $100/session
>$110,000 = $110/session
And the time came when the
risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the
risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin
Call (250-586-7380) or email to arrange a complimentary 15-minute phone or in-person consultation. Parksville location.