Exploring more on your own
These resources are a great starting place to finding out more about certain topics. They also provide you with a better understanding of the areas of interest and people that have influenced my approach to therapy.
Finding your Self/Meaning in Life
An interview with James Hollis about finding meaning in the second
half of life. Look for the 1st part of this interview on YouTube.
James Hollis’ books
- The Middle Passage: From Misery to Meaning in Midlife
- Creating a Life: Finding Your Individual Path
- Why Good People do Bad Things
- What Matters Most
Gabor Mate interview on the brain-trauma-addiction connection (a long yet excellent video!)
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate (addiction-trauma connection)
Marion Woodman (a renowned Jungian from London, ON. Her books are especially relevant to the psyche of women.):
- The Owl was a Baker’s Daughter: Obesity, Anorexia Nervosa, and the Repressed Feminine
- Addiction to Perfection
- The Pregnant Virgin
- The Ravaged Bridegroom: Masculinity in Women
- Leaving my Father’s House: A Journey to Conscious Femininity
The Body-Mind-Psyche Connection
Videos and articles can be found on Gabor Mate’s website.
When the Body Says No by Gabor Mate (stress-disease connection)
Awakening Intuition by Mona Lisa Schultz (intuition, body-mind-health connection)
Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman (the classic emotions-disease connection)
The Art of Dreaming by Jill Mellick (creative ways to work with dreams)
See Gabor Mate’s work listed above.
To read the abstract of my thesis entitled, The Middle Ground of Trauma: Where Neuroscience Meets Depth Psychology, click here.
Call (250-586-7380) or email to arrange a complimentary 15-minute phone or in-person consultation.